Monday, November 14, 2005

Typical Breakfast

Please don't start thinking that I've turned into some kind of tofu-eating health nut. I'm not really. I'm still just a tofu-eating nut. *ba-da-ching* Ok,ok comedian I am not. However, I have gained a healthy interest in all things organic. I first noticed organic products when I my local HyVee opened a neat little organic section. I also started going to an organic store Emi told me about. One of the first things that got me hooked on organic products was yogurt. Now a typical breakfast for me is a bowl of granola mixed with cranberries and almonds topped with yogurt and honey.

Normal breakfast


For some reason I've never been a fan of yogurt until I found Brown Cow's organic top cream yogurt. There is a vast difference in the taste and even the texture of organic yogurt. It has a richer taste and is creamier than the yogurt you usually find in the stores. The only place I've seen it in town is at the organic store I mentioned earlier. So sometimes it can be a pain just making a trip to get some granola and some yogurt but, man, is it worth it.


Photo from Brown Cow Farm's website


If you haven't tried this product get thee to the nearest organic store. Your tastebuds will thank you for it. Trust me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Knittripps said...

I was looking at another granola recipe on allrecipes.com. It had toasted coconut in it or something. Maybe on Sunday I will take a crack at another batch of fresh granola. I need to visit the organic market myself. It has been awhile

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home