Saturday, January 14, 2006

Iron Bloggers: Battle Khao Soi

Austin vs. Onigiri
doll austindoll onigiri


Well, now I've done it! I opened my mouth and sassed the wrong person.

Austin of RealThai, a wonderful food blogger located in Bangkok, Thailand, started a thread on eGullet about two famous Thai noodle dishes; phad thai and khao soi. He explains the dishes and has some great pictures on his blog also. The discussion on eGullet led to some private emailing between the two of us where I just happened *cough* to mention that I didn't think a White guy (even if he lived in Thailand) could make khao soi better than a Thai girl (even if she lived in po-dunk Iowa, USA). There was no trash talking involved, I mean come on... Moi trash talk? Phulease.

To settle this mild dispute a war is brewing! Or, at least, gently simmering as we two food bloggers decided to duke this one out by having a khao soi cooking contest. We have chosen Sunday as our day of battle cooking and will each post about it that evening. I'm sure everyone will agree that a Thai girl will win hands down over some White guy. Just remember, even if he is a professional food photographer, it's taste that matters the most! In this, I am certainly a shoe-in to winning. So be sure to be extra nice to Austin on Monday as he may be a bit sore about losing to little ole me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Austin said...

Don't believe any of this. She called me a "wussy" and a few other nasty Thai words I won't mention here... Don't let the polite and pretty facade deceive you!

Austin

4:44 AM  
Blogger Austin said...

Oh, and I would NEVER wear a shirt like that!

4:44 AM  
Blogger Webbies said...

Wow, I am hooked to see how this unfolds!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

Good luck! I have complete faith in you :)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home