Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Gong Fu Tea Part II

HELP! I think have become a tea junkie!

A few posts ago I wrote about my trip to find the perfect Christmas gift for my girlfriends and my total delight at what I found at Gong Fu Tea store. Of course, I really wasn’t able to walk out of that place without getting something for myself. (Oh, come on, you know I deserve it!)

Well, since then I’ve become a tea addict. I think I’m averaging about 2-3 cups per day and I came home tonight and all I wanted was to curl up with a nice cuppa. It’s getting so bad that now I’ve taken to leaving the tea brewing pot on the counter and every morning I wake up, stumble out of my room, and turn on the kettle. I’m not even sure I’m awake half the time. Hrm... do you think I need tea drinkers anonymous yet?

My morning tea with milk and sugar:

Earl Grey Darjeeling 2


I adore Earl Grey. This has to be the best I've ever had. The wonderful aroma of bergamont is to die for. No oily or alcoholic taste/smell to it either which, I believe, means they use real bergamont in their blend and not the essential oil you find in most Earl Grey.

My afternoon tea:

Silver Needle Tea


This is the white tea I was telling you about. A delicious tea I find very similar to a green tea but with a more delicate flavor. The only thing I found about this tea and the next one is that I really don't like the first brewing. So I've taken to rinsing my tea (pour water, let steep for only 30 seconds, discard water) and drinking the second brewing.

My evening tea:

Ancient Happiness Tea 2


According to the gentleman that was helping me, this tea is their biggest seller. I now know why. There is an amazing floral bouquet that wafts up at you as soon as you open up this tea. It's a bit too floral for me but I've found I really enjoy it right before bed. Somehow, it's very relaxing.

Oh, and this is the really cool tea brewing pot I picked up for Emi, Sherry, and I.

A Pot of Tea 2


Love it! You put the tea in the pot, pour water, wait the minutes it takes for the tea to brew, then you put it on top of your tea cup. There is hole in the bottom that opens when you put it over you tea cup. What a wonderful invention. I may have to go get a few more.

You know, nevermind about helping me... I think I kind of like my new found addiction, thank you very much!

4 Comments:

Blogger Wyzard said...

first blogs and now tea!

you really are an addictive personality! but so am i, which is probably why i keep coming to your blog. i have always been such a coffee person that i hesitate to enter the overwhelming world of teas

your tea brewer is intriguing...

this whole thing about teas is such a tease! maybe i'll give tea a try..the Earl Grey paragraph is an eye opener, but i don't know what to look for... in NYC everyone talks about green tea as though your life is at stake... it's a real tea jungle out there for the coffee chauvinist!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Fran said...

I'm with you--I never drank tea or coffee until a few years ago & now it is tea-anytime I can have it.

1:11 PM  
Blogger OnigiriFB said...

Wyzard -

Yes mea culpa you found my secret out. I have a horrible addictive personality and I'll do just about anything to indulge in them. Currently it's blogs, food, and tea. But I also foray into scifi/fantasy books, photography, and anime/jdrama. Give me something that has a good subculture and I'm there. :P Well I hope you try some teas. I've heard they are better for you than coffee. Not say I don't enjoy a cup of joe but right now it's taking a back seat. I highly recommend any of the teas I've blogged about. I found out GongFu ships to anywhere so you may want to check them out. I'm sure Mike and Rusty will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Fran - any particular tea you enjoy? Welcome to the blog. I hope you enjoy it!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

I love the ancient happiness tea and adore the mediterranean chamomile. I really need to pick up some of the Earl Grey for myself :)

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home