Monday, November 28, 2005

Asian Grocery Shopping Spree

Today I got up and decided it was time to change my diet. With all the rich foods (most carbs and fat) of the past week I really wanted to get some healthy eating in. At least until the middle of December, when I'll be baking my Christmas cookies and preparing for more holiday feastings, I want to try and eat healthier. Instead of insipid salads for the next two weeks I decided on a better way to get some veggies into my daily routine. I'm switching to a mostly Asian diet. Traditional Asian food I grew up on consist mainly of vegetables, small amounts of protein, and rice. Many of the dishes are healthy. After a peek in the cupboards, I realized I really needed to go the Asian Market. Here are the staples I picked up:

Asian Sauces


Along with some frozen seafood, pork belly, and ground pork:

Asian Meats/Seafood


What I went to get in the first place:

Asian Vegatables


Finally what no Asian meal would be complete without:

Rice


Now my kitchen is stocked and I'm ready to cook some great Asian meals.

**Click on each picture to go to my Flickr site where I have described the products.**

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no noodles?

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry...i missed the dried vermicelli noodles...asian food (ALL ASIAN FOOD) is my favorite of all international cuisines...and i know i must consume far too many noodles!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home