Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Moo Satay

Now that I’ve had a chance to mostly recover from my food and alcohol laden New Year’s Eve I thought I’d write about the food Emily of Knittripps and I made for her wonderful, fun, and crazy party. After much discussion and ogling over various recipes we decided we would make the Blue Cheese Grapes we had tried at Mosaix on my birthday and a Thai appetizer called Moo Satay.

Like buffalo wings in America, Moo Satay is an appetizer found all over Thailand and Malaysia. They go well with beer and alcoholic drinks and are a must have at any Thai party. The most common version is pork that is marinated in a combination of curry powder and coconut milk, skewered, then grilled. Moo Satay is always served with a peanut/curry dipping sauce and a cucumber salad making this a hearty appetizer that can also be a light meal. I’m proud to say they were very well received at Emily’s party.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures I was so busy eating Emily had to remind to take a picture!

Moo Satay 2


Moo Satay recipe from Thai Table.

Click on the link for the recipe I used if you would like to give this a try.

Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Webbies said...

OMG, those were soooo good! Loved 'em! I heard someone ask if you were the caterer!! Yummy

5:51 PM  
Blogger Knittripps said...

Thanks again for the help! It was an awesome party! And don't forget the champagne with chambord and organic raspberries :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger OnigiriFB said...

Bam - I'm so glad you liked those. Funny huh. I don't know if she was joking but I got a kick out of being called the caterer.

Emily -Hey don't forget your hubby's wonderful meatballs and BAM's yummy cheeseball. I want the recipes for those btw. Please, pretty please?

2:08 PM  
Blogger Webbies said...

I'll copy off the cheeseball recipe and bring it to group Thurs...note to self

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home