Thursday, January 26, 2006

Tea Time Thursdays III - Mediterranean Chamomile

dollWelcome to the third edition of Tea Time Thursday. I have to admit that I was considering not posting this today as the past week as been a bit hectic. Two of my faithful readers, BAM and Emily of Knittripps, kindly reminding me tonight at our knitting group meeting that they were waiting for my post made me reconsider. Well, that and the threat to life or limbs did make me think twice about not posting. Just kidding!

For those of you new to the blog, Tea Time Thursdays are days where I will blog about my latest foray into gourmet teas, things made with tea, and things that go well with tea. Today I’d like to feature a tea that might not get much recognition in the tea world, a chamomile tea. I’m not that fond of herbal teas but a good chamomile tea is a needed item in any pantry. If your tummy is feeling delicate or you’re having trouble sleeping this is the tea for you. You can pick up chamomile tea anywhere but, I had the chance to try Gong Fu Tea’s Mediterranean Chamomile when I was over at Emily’s and I knew I just had to pick some up for myself.

Mediterranean Chamomile
The tea is normally a golden color but the light was a little wierd when I took this picture.


Gong Fu Tea’s Mediterranean Chamomile is the best chamomile tea Emily and I have had the pleasure of drinking. This humble herbal tea may not be something one considers when thinking of gourmet teas, but once again the gentlemen at Gong Fu Tea store have surprised me. What make this tea different from your normal supermarket brand is the quality of the chamomile and the blend. Mike and Rusty have chosen a unique blend I’ve not encountered before with a chamomile tea. Their Mediterranean Chamomile is a wonderful blend of chamomile, hibiscus, and orange that makes this tea a bit sweeter than most chamomiles on the market. I love the taste of this while I’m getting ready for bed, it’s like drinking a cup of warm sunlight. It makes me want to sing, “the hills are alive with the sounds of music....” while traipsing through wildflower . Ok, it would make me want to go traipsing if I weren’t so darn tired. *yawn* Excuse me, I really need to get some slee......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Enjoy!

***You may not want to drink this tea early in the day as it may cause the need for an afternoon nap! I found this out via a very scientific research project when I tried this tea during the morning hours. I was confused as to why I suddenly needed a nap but then remembered why a lot of people drink chamomile tea in the first place. Oops!***

2 Comments:

Blogger Knittripps said...

I love this tea! Oddly enough, it reminds me of time at our lake cottage when I was little. Not sure why. Maybe the smell???

9:47 PM  
Blogger Webbies said...

Sounds delightful...maybe I might need to try this one!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home